Extended Download ServiceProtect Your Software
F.A.Q.Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the Extended Download Service.
1) What is the benefit of this service?
Software can be lost or damaged due to many different reasons: hard drive crash, reformatting, or virus. As long as your service is current, you simply need to contact Ascentive and we will send you a replacement for any software that you have covered with this service.
2) Do I have to purchase this service?
No, you do not. However, in the event that you ever lose your software due to a hard disk failure, a virus or any other reason, if you have not purchased the Extended Download Service you will be required to pay the current price to replace your software.
3) If I do not order this at the time of purchase, can I add it later?
No. This service must be purchased at the same time as the software you wish to cover.
4) What software does this service protect?
When you place your order, if you choose to add the Extended Download Service, all items in that same order are covered. Should you choose to purchase additional software at a later date, you will need to purchase a separate Extended Download Service to cover that software. Unlike most other companies, the Extended Download service covers all software ordered at the same time as this purchase. This means that whether you ordered 1 program or 100 programs, as long as the Extended Download Service is added to your order, all of the programs in that order are covered.
5) How many times can I receive replacements?
Most companies limit your downloads to a set number (usually 2 or 3 per term). Ascentive, however, offers no limit. As long as your service is up to date, you may contact us to redownload your software as many times as needed.
6) When will the Extended Download Service be charged to my credit card?
The charge for the Extended Download Service is charged to your credit card at the time you submit your order.
7) I ordered a subscription with a free trial. Will I still be charged for the Extended Download Service when I submit the order?
Yes. Because the Extended Download Service is a different service from your free trial, it is charged at the time you place your order. Your trial will still remain free until the end of the trial period. You will only be charged for the Extended Download Service at the time of your order.
8) Does this mean that I will get a CD ROM mailed to me via postal mail?
No. The Extended Download Service is just that, it extends the amount of time you may download / re-download your software (1 year per paid term). At this time, Ascentive does not offer CD versions of our software. Our software is only available via download from our web site.
Terms and Conditions
1. Service: Upon payment of fee for this service, Ascentive LLC agrees to provide you (the "End User") with copies of software purchased in combination with the Extended Download Service ("EDS") for the length of time that the End User has paid for this service.
2. Coverage: Only software purchased in combination with EDS will be covered. Software and EDS must be ordered at the same time. EDS may not be purchased separately or at a later date.
3. Renewal: EDS is good for one year from date of purchase. End User is responsible for keeping EDS current.
4. Receiving Replacement Downloads: If at any time the End User need to acquire a copy of their software for download, for any reason, please contact Ascentive LLC via our web site at: http://www.ascentive.com. As soon as Ascentive LLC processes the request, the End User will be supplied with all information to redownload their software.
5. Refunds: EDS is non-refundable. Regardless if the software that was ordered with EDS is refunded, once paid, EDS will not be refunded for any reason.
6. Upgrades: EDS does not cover upgrades. End User will only be provided with the version of software that they purchased not upgraded versions of software.
7. Disclaimer: Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether tort, contract, or otherwise, shall licensor or its suppliers or resellers be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. In no event will licensor be liable for any damages in excess of the amount licensor received from you for a license to the software, even if licensor shall have been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party. This limitation of liability shall not apply to liability for death or personal injury resulting from licensor's negligence to the extent applicable law prohibits such limitation. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion and limitation may not apply to you.
BY CHECKING THE BOX TO ADD THIS SERVICE AND CLICKING ON THE "PROCESS SECURE ORDER," "CONTINUE" OR "YES" BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS LICENSE, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US, SUPERCEDING ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS LICENSE. YOU ALSO STATE THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER OF CREDIT CARD USED FOR PURCHASE. ANY ATTEMPTS TO USE CREDIT CARDS FOR FRAUDULENT PURPOSES TO ASCENTIVE WILL BE PUNISHABLE BY ALL LAWS AND PENALTIES. ASCENTIVE WILL PROSECUTE ANY FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
1998-2003 Ascentive. All rights reserved.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.